Australia has always been a popular destination for travellers for both business and leisure and is ever more increasing becoming a popular destination for Au Pairs and Wwoofers.
Whether your looking to visit the remote outback, the Great Barrier reef or even the amazing Daintree Rainforest which is thought to be one of the oldest Rainforests in the world.
Before you go, here are a few tips that we discovered on our own travels throughout Australia:
- Travellers must have the correct documentation before entering the country. Border controls are strict and will make the required enquires to make sure that the story that you tell them is true.
- Australia’s landscape and weather are very diverse. From areas of a flat landscape for miles to hilly and mountainous regions, be prepared if venturing out. Also temperatures may seem unbearably hot in the daytime but goes very cold in the night.
- In Queensland, Stinger season exists in the summer, which may prevent you being able to swim in the sea without a Stinger suit or swimming in a beach with stinger nets.
- The area surrounding the Great Barrier Reef experiences two distinct seasons, the wet season and dry season. The summers are hot and humid and the winters are dry and warm.
- WILDLIFE – General rule would be to be cautious but if you don’t bother the wildlife, they wont bother you.
- Remote areas, otherwise known as the outback can be extremely remote. For example the nearest supermarket to a location that we spend a number of weeks at was over 2 hours drive away.
- “Australia has one of the strictest bio-security regulations in the world regarding the transport of biological entities.” These include food, plant material, and animal products – items we like to bring as gifts such as chocolate, fruits, and jams. Failure to declare them can lead to a hefty fine. If unsure, declare the item.
- Hostels – while travelling Australia, staying in hostels can be an affordable way of finding accommodation. In general, the hostels in Australia are far superior compared to some other countries that I’ve visited.
Australia is a wonderful country to visit filled with some of the most beautiful landscape. It’s important that you follow the countries rules and regulations though.
Why not check out our membership plans by clicking on https://aupairhorizon.com/membership-account/membership-levels/ and sign up today!