An online profile is one of the most important steps for any au pair searching for a family or vice versa. Building a successful profile is key to finding that perfect match. Each party uses the profile to get to know the other before scheduling an interview. It is therefore crucial that au pairs and host families have a professional profile that is up to date at all times with working contact details.
All need to be aware that having private information publicly available could be dangerous. It is therefore important to have a private working email.
Here are a few important tips on building a successful online profile:
- BE truthful and honest at all times, this is so important.
- Make sure that your information is up to date.
- Upload images! Profiles with images get way more views.
- Give descriptive but concise answers where possible.
- For a host family, use the Bio section or further information section to further explain your requirements, provide information about the accommodation, local area and possible local language classes that they could attend.
- For an Au Pair, use the Bio section or further information section to further explain what you’d like to gain out of the experience, use it to provide further information about experience that you may have or an example of where you’ve demonstrated responsibility.
- Pick answers which you genuine desire. For example, only select desired countries that you intend to be considered for. Potential matchs will find it frustrating making contact and then realising that you have no intention of following through if you are a good match.
- Never display log in credentials, banking information or unnessary information on your profile.
Throughout our site you can find a large amount of useful tips and hints on becoming an au pair, wwoofer or host family wwoofer.
Sign up today! Click the following link to choose your membership type, https://aupairhorizon.com/membership-account/membership-levels/.